Modern security systems have several benefits to offer your business. Over the years, the access control market has been steadily growing as more business owners want security solutions to keep their premises safe. Instead of using keys, businesses are now giving their staff members key cards they can use to gain access to their buildings. Investing in an access control system will improve security in your building and simplify the life of your staff members.
What Is Access Control?
Access control is a vital part of data security that determines who is granted access to use the company’s resources and information. Access control policies use authentication and authorisation to ensure users are who they claim to be. You can also use access control to limit unauthorised people from gaining access to the premise.
How Does Access Control Work?
Access control systems enhance security levels by identifying users through different login credentials, including multifactor authentication, biometric scans, and passwords. Access control will only grant access once a user is authenticated.
There are different types of access control that business owners can choose, depending on the specific security measures they want to take in their working environments.
How Can Access Control Improve Productivity?
Investing in a secure access control system can increase your business’ productivity. Here is how access control can improve productivity in your business:
- Enhances compliance: You can use your access control system to record your staff’s activity and movement for compliance purposes. This can help audit any incidents that may occur at work.
- Helping with workforce management: Secure access control will make all the difference in working environments where staff management is vital. With entry authentication, you can see employees’ attendance and punctuality.
- Improved customer service: Access control can significantly impact your customer service. Depending on your industry, it can help with visitor management. By the receptionist logging in a visitor’s details into an automated system, the staff they are there to see is immediately alerted.
Ways An Access Control System Can Improve Your Business
Investing in an access control system can help you keep your company data secure and avoid data breaches. Here are ways an access control system can improve your business:
- Gives you complete control of who enters or leaves the building: When you give your staff members fobs or key cards, you control who gets into the premises. You can increase security by choosing what hours their cards work. If unauthorised people gain access to the building, you can track them using the access control system. Managed access can significantly improve your security.
- Increasing productivity, safety, and security: With an access control system, you can keep the doors to your premises secure and locked. Individuals can only open them if they have access. You can implement this system in different areas to increase security levels. It is essential to invest in the appropriate security measures as job satisfaction can significantly affect your staff’s productivity. A study conducted by CV library showed that 50% of the professionals who took their survey agreed that feeling safe at work impacted their happiness.
- You can have restricted areas: An access control system allows you to have specific restricted areas. You can also limit particular data on your servers to prevent data breaches. By restricting specific areas in your building, you enhance your staff members’ security while keeping your business data secure.
You can grant access to only the people who need to access the restricted areas. It is also easier for business owners to track their business assets better by restricting particular areas.
Regardless of the industry, it is crucial for business owners to invest in a proper access control system depending on their specific business needs. Access control systems ensure that your business and employees are safe and protected. You will also be able to track your assets and control who has access to the building. With the right system, you will increase productivity in your workplace.
Simplify Life For Your Workers And Guests With Access Control
At InnerTelligence we offer unique security solutions that allow our customers to achieve a sustainable, secure, and safe business. Whatever your security requirements are, we have a solution.
We offer a range of access control systems that you can use across different businesses. Are you looking for an access control system for your business?
Please give us a call at 1300 312 184 or leave an enquiry to learn more about integrated gym access control and CCTV security solutions today!