Nowadays, there is a mobile app for almost everything from social media apps to gym apps. If you are in the health and fitness industry, consider investing in a fitness app for your gym.
Fitness businesses can benefit significantly from investing in a smartphone app to provide gym members with features and services like class schedules and workout routines. Having a custom branded gym app is vital for your fitness business in this modern age.
What Is A Gym Mobile App?
A gym mobile app offers both gym owners and gym members solutions. Gym members can learn new fitness regimens, track their progress, conveniently schedule classes, and even make payments. On the other hand, gym owners can easily access and manage their client data from just about anywhere.
How Do Gym Mobile Apps Work?
Gym mobile apps allow users a personalised experience. They often include different features that are beneficial to the user, like training goals, specialised diets, workout plans and even access to the gym. They improve membership retention and make it easy for gym owners and trainers to keep track of clients, their schedules and workout regimen.
Benefits Of Mobile Apps For Your Fitness Gym
- Saves time: A gym app allows the owner to manage the client data efficiently.
- Easy to manage your business: A gym app allows you to keep track of all the relevant data of your clients in a centralised system.
- Grows your business: Apart from growing your revenue stream, an app will also help your business grow as clients can interact with you through the app before visiting your facility.
- Build your brand: Having an app and online visibility can help you build your brand.
7 Features Every Gym Mobile App Needs
- Valuable content: When creating a fitness app, you must ensure that it adds significant value to gym members. Valuable content offers members a great overall experience and improves membership retention. Valuable content you can add includes exercise videos, blogs and nutrition tips.
- Connect to wearables: Including a feature that allows members to connect your app to their wearable fitness devices allows them to track their progress conveniently.
- Book and schedule classes: Members should be able to book and schedule classes and courses through your fitness app. Doing so allows them to have a personalised experience and conveniently plan their schedule.
- Branding and design: A customised branded app helps your business stand out. Include valuable features like membership flexibility or an exercise planner.
- Push notification: This feature lets you communicate with members without intruding. You can easily send discount alerts and schedule reminders.
- Communication: Fitness apps can streamline communication between you and your clients and you can send a push notification to alert them of a schedule change.
- Track progress: Your app should allow members to track their progress. It is an excellent way to support and motivate members.
How To Get Started With Creating Your Fitness App
You need to conduct in-depth research and look at the different apps in the market. Look at what they offer and identify what consumers need but are not getting from other apps. There are various fitness apps, so select the one you need and determine the key features you want to include in your app.
Add other features that will benefit users and ensure the app is easy to use. You will need to choose the monetisation model and work with an experienced developer through the different development stages. Test your app before publishing it on app stores. Afterwards, update your app regularly with newer features.
A fitness app can act as your point of sale to clients. Once they download your app, you can alert them whenever there is a discount or new product or service feature. When done right, a gym app can scale your fitness business.
Secure Your Fitness Gym With Our Security Solutions!
At Innertelligence, we offer our clients the perfect security solutions for their fitness gym. Let us secure your fitness gym and help you relax, knowing all your equipment and clients are safe.