Do you know how many types of CCTV systems are out there? Are you aware of the differences between different types of systems? Do you realise the importance of hiring the right CCTV installer? Do you know what questions to ask your CCTV installer?
In today’s blog post, we’ll explore the advantages of CCTV systems for businesses and the questions one should ask before choosing a CCTV installation company.
CCTV systems are everywhere. They are great for security and can be used for several purposes. The problem is that there are thousands of combinations of CCTV systems and choosing one is often a cumbersome task. You need to know what separates good quality systems from others to make an informed decision.
Benefits of Installing CCTV Systems
CCTV systems offer a wide range of benefits to businesses. However, these systems are not cheap and it’s a long-term investment. It’s natural for you to question the advantages of the system. Here are a few reasons why you should get a CCTV system for your business today:
- A CCTV system is widely acknowledged as one of the biggest deterrents against criminal activity
- It helps in cutting down on shoplifting and employee theft
- It helps in resolving matters between staff members and customers as well as amongst staff
While a CCTV system helps in keeping your premises secure, one of its least discussed but most important advantages is preventing employee theft. Employee theft is a major concern, especially in retail stores and CCTV systems have proven to cut down the losses due to employee theft significantly.
Questions You Should Ask before CCTV Installation
Since there are so many options out there and so many companies offering these systems, you really need to do your research to choose a system that satisfies all your requirements and is available within your budget. Here’s a list of a few questions you should ask before CCTV installation:
- Will this system work with other systems you’re currently using such as access control systems or alarms
- What is the expected lifespan of the hard drives supplied with the system
- Is it possible to scale up the CCTV system at a later date
- What kind of cable is going to be used for the connections
- Are the connections weatherproof
- Who is responsible for managing the system
- What kind of support is offered by the company after installation
- Are there any monthly subscriptions or is it a one-time fee
- What kind of warranty is offered by them for software as well as hardware
- Can the system be expanded to other locations that can be accessed from the same dashboard
Your CCTV system should work with your other systems. Not many people know that desktop drives are not as robust as hard drives that are designed specifically for surveillance systems. Those hard drives have a much longer lifespan and a much less probability of failure.
When it comes to cable quality, some installers like to use copper-coated aluminium wires but those won’t make your system future-proof. It is better to ask for copper wires to ensure you wouldn’t have any problems in the future.
Also, make sure you find out about system management and whether they will be sending someone in case there is a problem with the system. Many CCTV systems these days have a monthly or quarterly subscription fee for various additional features.
You should be aware of all such fees you are required to pay before choosing a system. In short, you need to read the fine print to make sure you are making an informed decision and there are no hidden fees or any surprises once you have signed a contract.
Overall, there are thousands of different types of CCTV systems. On top of that, there are so many CCTV installation companies and you will quickly get overwhelmed if you don’t know the right questions to ask.
Don’t choose a CCTV system based only on its price. Make sure it can be scaled up and upgraded. Also, you should be aware of the support offered by the company after the installation as well as the money you are required to pay either as a one-time fee or as a monthly subscription.
Innertelligence: CCTV Installation Experts
InnerTelligence is your reliable and experienced CCTV installation expert. We have installed hundreds of such systems. We understand every business is unique and our experts will draw up a customised plan that is specific to your needs and fits within your budget.
Please give us a call at 1300 312 184 or leave an enquiry to learn more about integrated access control and CCTV security solutions today!