Security is critical for every business. Not just for customers but also for staff members. Since it is not possible for anyone to totally keep an eye around their business premises, most business owners take advantage of what modern technology has to offer in terms of security solutions. One of the most common security solutions adopted by almost all kinds of businesses is CCTV systems or security cameras.
One of the questions that come to mind is where the security cameras should be installed to meet all your security needs. In this blog post, we will explore why businesses should invest in CCTV systems and the best locations to install a business CCTV system.
Reasons Why Businesses Are Installing CCTV Systems
While most business owners realise the usefulness of CCTV systems for the business, they still have some questions when it comes to understanding the real advantages of this security solution for business. Here’s a list of some of the most important reasons why businesses are investing in CCTV systems.
- It helps in keeping thieves away
- If you have a business location that is prone to vandalism, a CCTV system will go a long way in preventing vandalism.
- A CCTV system is extremely useful for capturing criminal acts and the footage can be used for identifying criminals as well as being a crucial piece of evidence to prosecute them.
- It is also an excellent way to monitor the staff members. If you feel that productivity is lacking at the office, a properly installed CCTV system will help you figure out things that are wrong and what can be done to fix those issues.
- It will also help you monitor the staff’s behaviour towards customers as well as other employees.
- It will make sure that your employees are always safe.
- A well-installed CCTV system allows you to monitor all your business premises from a single location. Also, internet-enabled CCTV cameras allow you to keep an eye on your premises from anywhere in the world.
- Recordings captured by a CCTV system will also help you with insurance claims in case there is an incident where you need to make a claim.
- It is one of the most cost-effective security solutions as your business premises are monitored 24 x 7. Also, these systems do not cost much when compared to hiring physical security guards for keeping your business premises safe.
The Best Locations to Install a Business CCTV System
While a business CCTV system is an extremely effective security solution, the cameras need to be installed in the right location to get the maximum benefits. Here are a few tips on helping you choose the right location for installing CCTV cameras.
- Make sure all the entrances and exits are covered.
- One or multiple cameras should be placed in the reception area as it is a high-traffic location.
- Multiple security cameras should be placed in the office area to keep an eye on the employees.
- Every office has a place where sensitive documents are kept in various forms. Make sure this place has high-quality cameras in addition to restricted access.
- If you have a store room or office supply room, it should also be covered with security cameras.
- If your business has a retail sales floor, make sure each of the customer interaction points is covered with security cameras from multiple angles. Placement of cameras in such locations is extremely important as the camera should be able to capture the faces of the customers.
- If you have a warehouse where inventory is stored, make sure it has multiple security cameras to cover all the locations from multiple angles.
- If you have certain secluded areas such as parking lots or dumpsters around your business premises, these are at a higher risk of violence and vandalism. Make sure all such areas are covered.
Overall, all the high-traffic locations in the business premises should be covered with multiple security cameras. These may include retail sales floor, reception areas, entry points to the business, exit points, store rooms, warehouses as well as office areas.
In addition to installing CCTV cameras in the right locations, it is also important for you to pay attention to the height and angle of the camera as well as the light conditions. Without proper lighting, cameras won’t be able to capture faces and you won’t be able to see anything.
Well-placed CCTV cameras will keep your business safe from intruders and also, keep employees in check. However, these cameras need to be installed in the right location to be most effective. Make sure you cover all the high-traffic areas as well as all the sensitive areas where your inventory and documents are kept.
The cameras should be installed at the right height and angle, and there should be ample lighting to keep everything visible. In addition to these, you should also make sure that you are adhering to the relevant privacy laws.
InnerTellience: CCTV Installation Experts
InnerTelligence is one of the best-known CCTV experts in Australia. We understand the unique needs of different businesses. Our experts will discuss your unique requirements and come up with a personalised plan to meet all your requirements.
Please give us a call at 1300 312 184 or leave an enquiry to learn more about integrated access control and CCTV security solutions today!